Win a Fabulous Wine Weekend at Parehua Martinborough Country Estate Plus Weekly Prizes!
At Winesale we want you to tell the world what you think of our wines! And we’re offering BIG prizes for your reviews. Over the next three months we are going to be giving away loads of weekly prizes plus a giant grand prize for our top ten reviewers. There are three ways to win so pay close attention!
The WAWA! (Weekly Arbitrary Wine writing Award!)
Every Tuesday we will pull out of a hat the name of any customer who has written a wine review in the last seven days. Each winner of the WAWA will receive a credit equal to the value or their last purchase at Winesale.co.nz. WAWA winners will be announced every Wednesday in our newsletter, on our website and on our Facebook page.
The WAWOW! (Weekly AWard for Outstanding Wine writing!)
Every Friday our crack team of wine writers will review our customer reviews and choose one that stands out as a beacon of excellence in wine writing. Our reviewers will be looking for reviews which are well written and informative but especially entertaining! WAWOW winners will receive a credit to the value of their last purchase at Winesale.co.nz. WAWOW winners will be announced every Saturday in our newsletter, on our website and on our Facebook page.
The Grand Prize of a Fabulous Martinborough Wine Weekend at Parehua Country Estate for our Top 10 Reviewers.
If you are one of our Top 10 Customer Reviewers as at 9am on February 28, 2011 then you and your partner will be invited to attend our Fabulous Martinborough Wine Weekend. At our Fabulous Wine Weekend you and your partner will be whisked away to Martinborough where you will be wined, dined and entertained by some of the region’s most fabulous winemakers. You will be staying at the fabulous Parehua Country Estate. Your Saturday will be spent touring the local vineyards. Saturday night will see you attending a winemaker’s dinner with a top Martinborough winemaker. Sunday morning you will be working for your weekend as you participate in a special wine tasting with our buyers to help us select the new season wines for Winesale.co.nz. See full terms and conditions below.
FAQ’s for our Wine Review Awards
Who can review our wines?
You can only review wines if you have actually purchased them from Winesale.co.nz. Currently only wine purchased via our website can be reviewed.
Where do I go to review wines?
When you are logged in to Winesale.co.nz you will see a “Review this Wine” link under the product description of all the wines you have purchased. Only wines which are currently on the site are available for review and only wines which you have purchased in the last 12 months. To quickly see what wines are available for you to review check out the Previously Ordered Wines section in your My Account area.
How do I become a Top Reviewer?
All our customer reviewers are ranked. You can achieve a higher ranking not only by writing reviews but importantly by writing high quality reviews that help other community members. All community members are able to rate customer reviews as helpful or not helpful. The more reviews you write and the more helpful votes you get the higher your chances of becoming a top ranked reviewer.
How do I know where I rank?
You can view our customer reviewer rankings at http://www.winesale.co.nz/account/top-users.php. Rankings are updated once each day in the early hours of the morning.
Do I have to use my real name to review wines?
We encourage you to use your real name but if you’d rather not that’s no problem either. You can select a pen name for your reviews to appear under in your My Account section.
Are the reviews censured in anyway and will I only become a Top Ten Reviewer by writing positive reviews?
Absolutely not! We are committed to giving our customers all the information they need to make smart wine buying decisions. As long as comments meet our review guidelines they will be published.
Terms and Conditions
- The Fabulous Martinborough Wine Weekend will take place from April 1 to April 3, 2011.
- The prize is non-transferable and is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize. If the registered account holder is unable to take up the prize then the prize will be offered to the next eligible top reviewer.
- The prize includes accommodation at the Parehua Country Estate in Martinborough as well as transport to and from Martinborough. Winesale.co.nz in its discretion will decide the best form of transport for you to reach Martinborough. You may be required to make a portion of your travel arrangements yourself, for example travel to the airport from your home.
- Winesale.co.nz use a specific methodology to rank wine reviewers. Winesale.co.nz reserve the right to alter this methodology at anytime without notice.
- Reviews must comply with our review guidelines. Winesale.co.nz reserve the right to alter our review guidelines at any time without notice.
- Winesale.co.nz in its absolute discretion reserve the right to remove from the competition reviewers who are found to be manipulating or “gaming” the review process or who otherwise are not acting within the intended spirit of the review process. Removal may occur without explanation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WAWA and WAWOW winners will receive a credit equal to the value of their last purchase at Winesale.co.nz. The last purchase refers to the last purchase made by the account under which the review was written prior to the winning announcement being made. Credits must be used within 3 months of the announcement. The credit given must also cover GST and delivery fees if applicable.
- This competition is not open to staff members (or family of staff members) of Winesale.co.nz and associated companies.
- Winesale.co.nz may alter these terms and conditions at anytime without notice.